Sole F85 Review
Top of the line, ladies and gents! This is as good as it gets for Sole folding treadmill line, with an exceptional 22″ wide running deck/surface and 2.75″ rollers – the F85 offers the largest running deck for the Sole F series and the rollers provide a great level of comfort – this is truly the crème de la crème!
With the Sole F85 you will get a treadmill that provides comfort and performance for all sorts of training activity; from walking/jogging to sprinting/high performance running. Three of our favourite features with;the F85 are; 1) the Cushion Flex Whisper Deck that reduces impact by 40% compared to running on asphalt outside, 2) The Easy Assist Folding -the patented folding system by Sole that locks and unfolds the treadmill with a click of a button and 3)Saving the best for last, is power baby – power! The F85 packs a whopping 4.0 CHP (Continuous Duty Horsepower) motor, allowing speed up to 12 mph, who knows at that speed you may be able to keep up with Mo Farah!
Another great feature that shows how confident Sole is with the quality of the F65 is the lifetime warranty on the parts, motor, and frame including 3 years on the labour. Takes the worries out of ownership, which is something we can definitely get behind:.
In addition to the Flex Whisper deck, Easy Assist folding, the unrelenting Power and the fantastic Sole warranty, the F85 also features a wide array of training programs, large 10″ LCD screen, Bluetooth & Smartphone connectivity, and sound system that makes this treadmill a great option!
- Deck: The F85 deck can reduce joint impact by up to 40% when compared with running outside – which actually much higher than the impact reduction offered by Sole’s competition!
- Smartphone Connectivity: Connect via Bluetooth to the Sole Fitness App (iOS and Android); app allows to you connect your smartphone to the F85 and syncs to your fitness tracking apps
- Foldability: Fold this treadmill up and save yourself some space in your flat; the F85 comes with hydraulic assist allowing you to unfold and fold with the flip of a switch – definitely not a two person job (that’s Easy Assist Folding for you :)!
- Tablet Holder: Hook up your iPad or tablets- this can then act as the program monitor and send training data to your fitness apps and you can also utilize the Netflix app at the same time – to make your workout a tad more enjoyable
- Centre Console: A sharp 10.1? LCD screen that allows the user with ultimate control over the treadmills programming in a easy-to-read format
- Noteworthy Features:
- Power! (4.0 CHP)
- Power incline (up to 15% incline)
- Bluetooth & Smartphone connectivity
- Sole F85 External Speakers
- Heart Rate monitor with Touch Plus sensors
- Cooling Fans
- Safety Plug
- Accessory Trays and Space for Two Bottle Holders
- Preset Workouts: Ten workout programs to choose from (or use manual mode, and drive to your own tune)
- Sole Quality: Need we say more?
- Strong Warranty: Lifetime: Motor, Frame, and Deck; 5 Years: Parts & Electronics; Labour: 3 Years (in home)
- Some may find 10 workouts lacking: Some people may want more workout variety and no ability to add more
- Some may find that changing between incline levels may take longer than anticipated & that the fan is not as powerful as needed (although these have been negatives that have been seldom observed)
The Sole F85 comes with:
- Lifetime parts, motor, frame
- 3 years labour
It has been touted as being “The Best Folding Treadmill on the Planet”, and to be honest, we can’t disagree. No need for more of a conclusion than that 🙂
|Motor||4.0 CHP (5.5 Peak)|
|Running surface||59 x 152 cm|
|Display||10.1" Blue Backlit LCD|
|Heart rate monitor|
|Dimensions||205.5 x 93.5 x 145.5 cm|
|Product weight||129 kg / 284 lbs|
|Max user weight||150 kg / 330 lbs / 23.6 stone|
|Warranty|| Motor: lifetime
Labour: 3 year