ProForm Power 1295i Review
The ProForm Power 1295i is an impressive all-around treadmill offered by a brand with over 30 years of history as a top provider for in-home fitness equipment. It is one of our favorite treadmill options when it’s on offer (which is quite often)!
The ProForm 1295i was built for all sorts of workout activity from long light walks to high-speed runs. More intense workouts are possible with the 3.5 CHP Mach Z (™) Commercial motor. It keeps the treadmill running quietly and smoothing while also not overheating.
Concerned about a comfortable running experience? Impact to your joints and knees? Be a bit less concerned as the ProForm 1295i’s running deck is extra wide at 51cm by 152cm. This gives even larger folk enough length on the deck to not feel like they’re going to fall off, and enough width to give you adequate elbow room.
The technology on the ProForm 1295i is also ace. A 7-inch web-enabled HD touchscreen display is where it starts. Use it to keep track of your workout stats but also watch workout videos and visit your favorite websites and blogs. Want to kick it up a notch? The ProForm 1295i comes with iFit, a fitness app (which inclues a 1-yr iFit membership ). The app offers a library of ever growing workout videos and experiences created and led by certified personal trainers. The app integrates with the HD screen and the treadmill incline/decline settings. How exactly? Imagine being immersed as a participant in the Patagonian International Marathon where the incline/decline settings auto adjust based on the actual route! Impressive, no?
- Solid and durable 3.5CHP Mach Z (™) Commercial Plus motor keeps even long high performance runs quiet and smooth
- Large 51x152cm tread belt suitable for taller folk
- ProShox (™) cushioning on running deck lessens shock and impact to joints, knees, feet.
- Foldable design with EasyLift (™) adds movability and portability.
- 19 KM/H top speed suitable for most runners
- Power Incline from 0% to 15% adjusts workout intensity
- Immersive, web-connected 7 inch HD touch screen keeps runners engaged
- 34 workout apps and Ifit connectivity (1-yr membership) provides a vast library of workouts for all your goals
- CoolAire (™) workout fan with two speed settings
- Ipod compatible audio
- Customer service has been noted as slow
- For some, the additional charge of iFit may not be worthwhile
- Lack of wireless heart rate monitor
- Max user weight of ~125 kg limiting for some
- Self-assembly can be difficult for those of us who are not too handy (opt for outside help with assembly, it will be worthwhile)
The ProForm 1295i comes with:
- 5 year motor warranty
- 2 year parts + labour warranty
- lifetime frame warranty
We really like the overall feature set for the ProForm 1295i. Powerful, quiet motor. Easy on the joints running deck. Web Connectivity on an HD screen. It’s got all the essentials and then some. Luckily this treadmill (and many from ProForm) can be had on offer via their website. There are a few good options at this price point, so take a look and try them out at your local fitness store, and come back online to make your purchase via the manufacturer’s website to take advantage of the best offers!
|Specifications||ProForm Power 1295i|
|Running surface||51 x 152 cm|
|Display||7" Web-enabled Touchscreen|
|Training programs||34 Preset Workout Apps|
|Heart rate monitor|
|Dimensions||166 x 90 x 220cm|
|Product weight||140 kg / 308 lbs|
|Max user weight||135 kg / 297 lbs|
|Warranty|| Motor: 5 years
Parts & Labour: 2 years