NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer Review
Last Updated: February 13, 2021
Get ready for longer, more engaging workouts! The NordicTrack x9i Incline Trainer combines all the benefits of a high-quality treadmill, offering a power incline up to an impressive 40% and decline down to -6%. Even a cool walk at a 40% incline allows you to burn five times the calories you would with standard walking, while better targeting lower body muscles such as the glutes and quads.
The x9i is the longest standing of the four commercial incline trainers from NordicTrack that are available in the UK. It is most suited for walking and light running while the x11i was built with more high-performance runners in mind.
The new-and-improved 2021 version of the x9i features a stronger 3.6 CHP motor, a definite upgrade from the previous 3.0 CHP model. Also new is the 7” Smart HD touchscreen that allows for an immersive workout experience when coupled with the complementary year-long iFit Family membership. Enjoy virtual walks with Google maps or customized personal trainer workouts, all while maximizing your calories burned via the inclines.
Aside from offering a much wider incline range versus a treadmill, the x9i comes with the usual features you would expect from a quality treadmill. These include a large 55cm x 152cm running deck with Reflex™ Cushioning, a quiet yet powerful motor, dual workout fans, dual 3-inch speakers, and a tablet holder. These features contribute to a durable, quiet, and comfortable workout experience.
- Power decline/incline from -6% to 40% sets it apart from most treadmills. Burn calories more efficiently and target your lower body with the additional incline capability (most quality treadmills max out at a 15% incline).
- Reflex™ Cushioning across the entire running deck absorbs impact to joints.
- The large 55×152 cm tread belt results in a spacious running surface, comfortable for taller and larger individuals.
- The strong 3.6 CHP motor lessens sounds and vibrations. Suitable for walking, jogging, and running.
- 50+ integrated video workouts results in more variation and productivity to your sessions
- The 20 km/h top speed is suitable for runners though most don’t need to get up to this pace since the steep incline adds a lot of intensity!
- The 7’’ smart HD web-enabled touch screen offers a world of options to keep you engaged.
- The complementary year-long iFit membership and compatibility with the app makes for immersive workouts.
- Heart rate monitoring is possible via CardioGrip™ and also wireless chest straps.
- Dual fans, 3-inch speakers, and a tablet holder are integrated in the design.
- Large, non-foldable incline trainer. Limits movability (but adds stability during workouts).
- Delivery and assembly can be difficult for those less handy (opt for outside help if needed).
- The display size for the 2021 model is smaller (7 inches) than the previous 10” screen.
The NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer Treadmill comes with:
- 10-year motor warranty
- 2-year parts + labour warranty
- Lifetime frame warranty
The x9i has those uber-engaging features that keep you working out longer and harder. We love the immersive Smart touchscreen, the complementary (limited term) iFit membership, and the quiet yet powerful motor. Above all else, however, the calorie-burning efficiency of this incline trainer is its definite ‘wow’ factor. If you’re looking to burn some serious calories and simultaneously build lower body and cardio strength, this may be the ideal pick for you. If you plan to use your incline treadmill very regularly or expect multiple users on the machine, it may be a worthwhile investment to consider higher trim models with larger motors.
|Decline & Incline||-6% Decline / +40% Incline|
|Running surface||55 x 152 cm|
|Display||7" SMART HD Touchscreen|
|Training programs||44 Preset Workout Apps|
|Heart rate monitor||EKG Grip Pulse + Smart Bluetooth Chest Belt|
|Dimensions||177 x 100 x 181cm|
|Product weight||135 kg / 297 lbs|
|Max user weight||135 kg / 297 lbs|
|Warranty|| Motor: 10 years
Parts & Labour: 2 years