NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer Review
The NordicTrack x9i Incline Trainer combines all the benefits of a high quality treadmill with the ability to power decline -6% and incline to an impressive 40%. The ability to even walk at a 40% incline allows you to burn five times the calories you would with standard walking while better targeting lower body muscles such as your glutes and quads.
The x9i finds itself in between the x7i and x11i (latter currently not available in the UK), NordicTrack’s two other incline trainers. The x9i is most suited for walking and light running while the x11i was built with high performance runners in mind. The x7i is good for walking and light running as well but comes with a slightly less powerful motor and less bits and bobs. Example, a backlit display vs. x9i’s HD 10inch full color, android web-enabled tablet display. The technology on x9i is outstanding especially when coupled with the iFit, the exaggerated inclines provide for an even more immersive experience through the Google map or personal trainer workouts. Get ready for longer more engaging workouts!
Aside from the ability to better incline versus a treadmill, it comes with the usual features you would expect with a quality treadmill ; a large 55cm by 152cm deck with Reflex (™) Cushioning provides a durable, quiet, and comfortable workout experience. The motor is solid at 3.0CHP suitable for walking, jogging and running.
- Power decline/incline from -6% to 40% is the real differentiator versus most treadmills. Burn calories at an accelerated pace and better target lower body muscles with the additional incline capability (most quality treadmills max out at a 15% incline).
- Reflex (™) Cushioning across the entire running deck absorbs impact to joints.
- Large 55x152cm tread belt results in a spacious running surface, comfortable for taller and larger individuals.
- Strong 3.0CHP motor lessens sounds and vibrations. Suitable for walking, jogging, and running.
- 20 KM/H top speed suitable for runners though heavy incline adds a lot of intensity! Most don’t need to get up to this speed 🙂
- 10inch HD, web-enabled touch screen allows for engaging workouts
- 44 workout apps + iFit connectivity makes for immersive and intensive workouts
- Heart rate monitoring via CardioGrip (™) and also wireless chest straps
- We like the uniqueness and calorie burning efficiency of this incline trainer
- Large, not foldable incline trainer. Limits movability (but adds stability during workouts)
- Delivery and self-assembly can be difficult for those of us who are not too handy (opt for outside help with assembly).
- Full iFit is optional and comes with an additional monthly charge.
The NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer Treadmill comes with:
- 10-year motor warranty
- 2 year parts + labour warranty
- lifetime frame warranty
The x9i comes with those uber engaging features to keep you working out longer and harder; Immersive HD display, and iFit. We love them. But what we love above all else is the uniqueness and calorie burning efficiency of this incline trainer. If you’re looking to walk or jog and burn some serious calories and build up your cardio strength, this may be the pick for you.
|Decline & Incline||-6% Decline / +40% Incline|
|Running surface||55 x 152 cm|
|Display||10" Web-enabled Touchscreen|
|Training programs||44 Preset Workout Apps|
|Heart rate monitor|
|Dimensions||177 x 101 x 178cm|
|Product weight||140 kg / 309 lbs|
|Max user weight||145 kg / 320 lbs|
|Warranty|| Motor: 10 years
Parts & Labour: 2 years