NordicTrack Commercial X11i Incline Trainer Review
Last Updated: February 13, 2021
NordicTrack’s incline trainer series has four models, all offering dramatic maximum inclines of 40% to speed up calorie burn along with training your lower body for mass and strength gains. The X11i is the second model within the X series, launched after the X9i. With considerable improvements in features and specs, it can be a good choice if you want a smooth-running mid-range incline trainer with a host of perks to offer.
Here are some notable features of the X11i, as of 2021, that make it stand out among its competitors:
- 10-inch Interactive HD Touchscreen
Enjoy your walk with a web-enabled iFit-integrated touchscreen having a decent 10-inch display. This is a definite improvement from the 7-inch display on the X9i, although it doesn’t come close to the luxurious 22-inch and 32-inch screens of its successive models.
- Powerful Yet Quiet 3.75 CHP Motor
The X11i offers a more powerful motor than the 3.6 CHP one of the X9i, making it better for home use by multiple people per day. The self-cooling motor has minimal vibrations and allows for a smooth workout, in our experience. If you need a more heavy-duty incline trainer to ensure maximum performance, however, you may go for higher trim models with motors of 4.0 CHP and above.
- iFit-friendly with Free 1-Year Family Membership
Like most other NordicTrack treadmills, the X11i comes with a free year-long family membership for the fitness app, iFit Coach. This allows you to create up to four user profiles to access its library of over 16,000 workout videos, live personal training options, virtual workout terrains, fitness challenges, stat tracking, and more.
iFit is popular because of cool features like its virtual running locations. They integrate your treadmill with Google maps to adjust your treadmill’s incline/decline level according to the actual steepness of the paths for a realistic feel. Moreover, you can get coached by world-class trainers who control your incline trainer’s speed and intensity in real-time.
- Wide Range of Speed and Incline
The X11i is identical to its siblings as far as its incline/decline capability is concerned. It offers 6 levels of decline and up to 40% incline, one of the highest among incline trainers in the market. The max incline setting can burn as many as five times the calories you would on a flat running deck. You can also reach max speeds of 22 km/h, which is more than enough for most runners.
- Sled Grips and Push Bar
For low-speed yet high-intensity workouts, the X11i has sled grips and a push bar. This feature isn’t present on the X9i, and allows simultaneous strength and cardio training.
- Heart Rate Monitoring via Smart Bluetooth Chestbelt
The X11i comes with a Smart Bluetooth Chestbelt that displays your heart rate on the screen. This allows you to stay in the right heart rate zone according to your fitness goals.
- Spacious Running Deck with Runners Flex™ Cushioning
NordicTrack’s signature cushioning technology shows up on this model as well, and it doesn’t disappoint. Switch it on to experience a more padded feel to your run that is light on your joints and protects them from impact injuries. The 55 x 152 cm tread belt also doesn’t hurt, allowing taller folks to run without the fear of falling off.
- Other Features
We also appreciate the dual 3-inch Bluetooth-compatible speakers, the dual workout fans, the ample warranty package, and the durable 2.5” rollers on this sturdy model.
- 10-inch HD touchscreen display to keep you engaged
- iFit-compatibility with free family membership for a year
- -6 to 40% incline range for maximum calorie burn
- 22km/h max speed to suit high-performance runners
- 3.75 CHP quiet self-cooling motor with minimal vibrations
- Sled grips and push bar for more training variety
- Runners Flex™ Cushioning technology to lessen impact injuries
- 55 x 152 cm running deck to suit taller runners as well
- Bluetooth Chestbelt included for heart rate monitoring
- Dual 3-inch bluetooth speakers
- Dual workout fans
- Good warranty package
- The machine is very heavy and may be difficult to relocate
- NordicTrack customer service is far from ideal, according to many customers
- May be out of budget for many people
- iFit will require a paid subscription after a year
- Not suitable for people over 136 kg
The NordicTrack X11i offers the following warranty package:
- Lifetime Frame Warranty
- 10-Year Motor Warranty
- 2-Year Parts Warranty
- 2-Year Labor Warranty
The X11i can be a good choice for those who need a state-of-the-art incline trainer without going overboard on budget. With the decent screen size, the high max speed and incline limit, the powerful motor, and iFit-compatibility, it does the trick for most people.
|Decline & Incline||-6% Decline / +40% Incline|
|Running surface||55 x 152 cm|
|Display||10" SMART HD Touchscreen|
|Training programs||iFit workout library|
|Heart rate monitor||Smart bluetooth Chestbest|
|Dimensions||179 x 100 x 184cm|
|Product weight||153 kg|
|Max user weight||136 kg|
|Warranty|| Motor: 10 years
Parts & Labour: 2 years